Teamwork Makes the Dream Work!
Welcome to Northern High School Cheerleading
Thank you for visitng the official Northern High School Cheerleading website! This website was designed to recognize the girls and their amazing work, as well as provide information about upcoming events, game schedules, and other important news. Enjoy your visit to our site and GO PATRIOTS!!!!
- Practice ~ Basketball Cheerleading Practice begins on Monday, December 2 through Thursday, December 5 from 2:30-5:00PM.
- Shirt(s) Order for Basketball Season ~ a small order of shirts will be placed for basketball season. The three shirts are as follows: a long sleeve navy blue shirt with glitter writing, a long sleeve grey shirt with glitter writing, and a Rock the Red t-shirt. The total cost for these shirts is $45.00. Please bring your money to practice during the first week. The order will be placed the following Tuesday (12/10).
- Accessories Order ~ we will wear all the same accessories that were worn during football season. Therefore, most cheerleaders already have these required items (i.e. white bow, poms, and blue kick pants). If you need these items, we can suggest a few places to order them from as we will NOT be placing an order.
- Team Dinner Fees ~ we are looking for parent volunteers to help organize team dinners. We will collect money up front for the whole season.
- Competitions ~ we have received authorization to attend Competitions. With that said, the first one is upon us - January 25th at ShowPlace Arena in Upper Marlboro, MD. It is the Cheer and Dance Extreme Competition where we can receive a state ring. It is a 1-day competition and the cost is $40.00. We need to register before winter break, therefore, we are asking that you make your payment before December 10th. [Friendly reminder: it's NOT mandatory to participate in competitions, however, if you make the decision to compete, you are agreeing to participate in ALL Competitions. We are also considering a competition on February 2nd (Competition dates to be finalized on 12/2)].
- Please don't forget to check out the "Spirit Wear Store" page ~ the Spirit Wear Store is open 7 days a week, 24-hours a day for all orders. Most importantly, all orders are shipped directly to your home. Also, items change from time-to-time, therefore, please be sure to check back often.
- Holiday Party ~ please mark your calendars for Friday, December 20th. We will be having a Team Dinner/Holiday Party after school with a gift exchange. For those cheerleaders that are interested in participating in the gift exchange (no more than $20), names will be drawn during pratice on Monday, 12/2.
- Yankee Candle Fundraiser ~ per Mrs. Watterson, the deadline had been extended which has pushed us into a later delivery date. They are processing the Christmas rush now and said that we should have our orders by the first week of December. Once it arrives at the school, they will be passed out to the girls ASAP, separated by seller.
*Attendance at practices and games is imperative!! Please refer to the attendance policy or check with your coach if you have any questions.